Technical Reference for Freight container equipment interchange receipt – TR39:2015
This Technical Reference (TR) was prepared by the Technical Committee on Logistics under the direction of the Manufacturing Standards Committee (MSC). The MSC endorsed the TR on 29 January 2015.
This TR serves as a reference and guide on the conduct of visual survey and inspection, accurate reporting and updating of the condition of the freight container at each point of handing and taking over. It establishes the baseline on common definitions and terminologies, visual qualitative and quantitative survey and dissemination of the information on the conditions of the freight container to minimise disputes and delays at each point of the interchange.
This TR is expected to be referred to by the shipping lines, container owners, container lessors, terminal operators, logistics service providers, container depot operators, consignees and shippers.
TR39:2015, Technical Reference for freight container equipment interchange receipt covers the followings:
- The scopes of the TR
- Definitions of all the terms for the purpose of the TR
- Reporting criteria for conditions of freight containers
- Guidelines on the conduct of visual survey and inspection on freight containers
- Relay and acceptance of conditions of freight containers
- Standardised container equipment interchange receipts forms – for both General and Tank containers
- The various types of reportable container conditions
- A feedback form.
Awareness workshop will be organised for senior management of all stakeholders and effective training will be conducted for Prime Mover Drivers, Container Depot In-house Surveyor, Container owner Equipment personnel, Traffic Controller.
For workshop and training programme, please contact CDAS @ 6513-3173, for details and assistance.
The TR39:2015 is published by SPRING Singapore, you may purchase from Toppan, authorised publisher for the guidebooks, at S$40.87 per booklet. Click here to preview the TR39.