Updated as at 29 Nov 2021
Overview and Scope
Your personal data privacy is important to us and CDAS is highly committed in respecting and managing your Personal Data collected in line with this Policy.
When and what kind of Personal Data do we collect?
CDAS may collect, use and disclose the following data about you:
- When you provide Personal Data by filling in online or offline forms when giving feedback, asking queries and job applications, requests and submissions;
- If and when you contact CDAS, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, cookies, weblogs and other communication data, that you access;
- When you fill up job application forms to apply for a job at CDAS;
- When you or your organisation applies to join CDAS as a member;
- If you enter into any contract with CDAS or purchase any products/services from CDAS (i.e. subscribe to systems which CDAS offers, and training courses and seminars conducted by CDAS);
- If you participate in any trade missions, exhibitions and/or events organised by CDAS or where CDAS is a participant;
- When you enrol in CTR services and/or use the CTR app
CDAS may collect the following kinds of Personal Data through the different channels mentioned above:
- NRIC/Passport Number and copies;
- Salary Range;
- Educational level;
- Business and/or residential addresses;
- Business and/or personal email addresses;
- Mobile and business telephone numbers; and
- Pictures, if applicable.
- Location data, if CTR app is used
Additionally, if you are applying for employment with CDAS, CDAS will collect the following:
- Date of Birth;
- Marital Status;
- Educational and employment history and professional qualifications, including testimonials and references;
- Medical, legal and financial history;
- Next of Kin or family information;
- Bank account details; and
- Curricula Vitae, if any.
What purposes does CDAS Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?
CDAS may use the information we collect from you for any of the following purposes:
- To enrol you or your organisation as a member of CDAS;
- To perform or carry out CDAS’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (i.e. CDAS organised training and courses);
- To enable CDAS’ subcontractors, third-party agents and service providers, to fulfil obligations/services as stipulated in your contract with CDAS;
- To handle products and services requests and enquiries (including payments for products and services, such as subscriptions for systems and course fees for training and seminars);
- To receive funding from government agencies (i.e. WSG, SPRING Singapore);
- To plan and execute travel and other relevant arrangements for overseas trade missions organised by CDAS;
- To administer and update your records in our databases; monitoring and maintaining a copy of your record of previous transactions;
- To facilitate the delivery, maintenance and enhancement of CDAS’s services, programmes and events;
- To plan, monitor, and enhance the provision of new services, projects, programmes and events;
- To improve CDAS’s customer service through your feedback;
- To apply for employee work visas at the Ministry of Manpower;
- Disclosed to PSA and Jurong port for security clearance purposes;
- To process your enquiries and any and all other ancillary administrative purposes;
- For communications, marketing and publicity purposes;
- For government, audit and other regulatory purposes;
- For recruitment and evaluation purposes if you apply for a job with CDAS, i.e. to determine job suitability;
- For internal reporting and/or accounting purposes;
- To provide, improve and/or customize features of CTR services and/or app; and
- Purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including but not limited to via email, telephone numbers, and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information which we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation.
By your submission of your Personal Data to us, you consent to the onward disclosure of your Personal Data to these agents or service providers and the processing of your Personal data by these agents or service providers.
Consent for the collection and use of your Personal Data
In this regard, please note that it is on your part to ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct at the time of submission. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Please note that if you do not consent to any of the above business purposes, CDAS may also be unable to meet the purposes for which the information was collected.
Does CDAS disclose Personal Data to third parties?
CDAS may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act (Cap. 50).
On occasion, CDAS may use third party agents and service providers to assist us in the use of your Personal Data as outlined under “What purposes does CDAS Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?” You consent to such use of your Personal Data by continuing to browse on CDAS’ website.
CDAS’ servers are located in Singapore. CDAS will not transfer Personal Data within or outside Singapore unless it is ensured that the Personal Data will be accorded a level of protection which is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
For how long does CDAS retain your Personal Data?
CDAS will cease to retain Personal Data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal data is no longer being served by such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
When you visit any of CDAS’ websites, CDAS may collect or analyse anonymized information from which individual information will not be identified. The information collected may include the number of users and the amount of time they stay on our website, which countries they are from, and what mode of device they are currently using to view our website, as well as domain information that helps us to learn our client’s profile, the frequency of viewing. We use this information to improve our website’s content and navigation.
Note that our cookies do not have an expiration date and do not collect personally identifiable information.
How does CDAS protect your Personal Data?
CDAS implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your submitted information. All electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured and stored on managed servers with controlled access and appropriate security technologies.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be so protected, CDAS cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
Your Personal Data will only be disclosed for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested and shall not be sold or disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent.
Links to third party websites from CDAS’ website
Access and Correction of Personal Data
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to have access to or seek to update, correct, or withdraw the consent to collect and use your Personal Data. Your email should identify yourself and state which Personal Data and information about its use and/or disclosure is requested.
CDAS reserves the right to change this Policy with or without notice from time to time.